Tuck into these addictive Eggplant Chips with California Raisins Dip from mod-Sin chef Shen Tan.
1 large eggplant, sliced thinly
100g corn starch
- Toss eggplant slices in the corn starch ensuring that all surfaces are evenly coated. Cover and leave in the refrigerator overnight to dehydrate.
- After removing the eggplant slices from the fridge, heat oil until 180°C. Working in batches, fry the eggplant slices until brown and crispy. Remove from oil and drain.
california raisin dip
30g California Natural Raisins
20g California Golden Raisins
2 tbsp soy sauce
1 tsp dark soy sauce
1/4 tsp five-spice powder
1 tsp sugar
1 tsp balsamic vinegar
1 tbsp water
1 tsp corn starch
2 tbsp vegetable oil
- Mix all of the seasonings for the California Raisin Dip together in a bowl.
- Heat a wok with vegetable oil over medium high heat. Stir fry the seasoning until the sauce has a thick consistency.
- Add the deep-fried eggplant crisps to the wok and toss through quickly. Remove eggplant from wok and serve with more California Raisin Dip.
Click here for more California Raisin recipes – California Raisin Bubur Cha Cha and Mee Siam with California Raisins