Zarzuela de mariscos (seafood stew)
Check that the dish is cooked by ensuring all the shellfish have steamed open. Remove from heat and garnish with chopped parsley before serving.
Serves 4 Prep time 30 minutes
Cook time 10 minutes
1 Roma tomato
8 tbsp olive oil
400g sea bass, skinned and diced
2 squids, cleaned and diced
1 onion, sliced
1 clove garlic, chopped
1 tsp pimentón
12 mussels, cleaned
16 prawns, peeled and deveined
200g white clams, cleaned
1 glass Sauvignon Blanc (or any dry white wine)
salt and pepper, to taste
• Pour boiling water over the tomato and let sit for 10 minutes. Drain, peel and cut tomato into small pieces.
• Heat olive oil in a large saucepan. When it is very hot, add the fish and squid. Sear for 5 minutes. Remove and set aside.
• In the same oil, fry the onion and garlic. When golden brown, add the diced tomatoes and pimentón. Cook for another 5 minutes.
• Return the fish and squid to the pan. Add mussels, prawns and clams. Pour in the white wine and season to taste.
• Cover the sauce pan and cook over high heat for 10 minutes.
• Check that the dish is cooked by ensuring all the shellfish have steamed open. Remove from heat and garnish with chopped parsley before serving.