· 24 April 2013
TYPE OF MEAL
Wagyu et bordelaise
Serves 4 Prep time 2 hours
Cook time 2 hours
500g Wagyu striploin
8 stalks green asparagus
500ml red wine
300ml beef jus
1 tsp butter
• Roast striploin on the plancha with olive oil for about 15 minutes on each side. This will take about one and a half hour. Make sure you do not rotate the meat until the surfaces are well-seared.
• Finish the piece of striploin in an oven to roast at 160°C for 20 minutes.
• Cook asparagus in steam oven at 100°C on a 100 mark humidity for 3 minutes.
• Peel and slice onions thinly, melt butter and sugar and add in sliced onions. Cook for 2 hours or until onions are very tender.
• Heat shallots until soft and caramelised.
• Add in the wine and reduce until you get half the amount of liquid.
• Add in the beef jus and whisk until shiny.
• Add in a teaspoon of butter and whisk gently.
• Plate the food.