Swiss chocolate cake by dr.CAFE
Savour the soft textures of dark chocolate sponge, layered with bittersweet velvety chocolate mousse and coated in chocolate ganache.
Serves 12 Prep time 30 minutes + overnight chill time
Cook time 25 minutes
50ml fresh whole milk
250ml topping cream or sweetened whipping cream
25g unsalted butter
150g dark chocolate couverture
10-inch chocolate sponge cake (approximately 600g), sliced into 3 even layers
- To make the chocolate ganache, combine the milk, 100ml topping cream and butter in a medium saucepan over low heat. Bring to a gentle boil.
- As soon as the mixture comes to a boil, remove the pan from heat and stir in the dark chocolate couverture. Stir until well incorporated.
- Let cool and fridge overnight for it to develop a thick, creamy consistency.
- To make the chocolate mousse, measure out 150g of chocolate ganache and combine with remaining topping cream. Beat until light and fluffy.
- Spread the mousse between each layer of chocolate sponge, then freeze the cake for 3 hours.
- Coat the outsides of the cake with reserved chocolate ganache.