Stewed red mullet with dk7 spice blend
You can also serve this stewed red mullet with boiled potatoes, as fish always goes well with a starch component.
Prep time 20 minutes
Cook time 25 minutes
1 tbsp cooking oil
1kg boneless red mullet
3 tbsp DK7 spice blend
1 stalk pandan leaves
1 lime leaf
1 stick lemongrass
300g freshly chopped tomatoes
50g toasted shredded coconut
salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat a frying pan with oil, and sear the fish till golden brown. Then remove it from frying pan and set aside.
- In the same pan, add DK7 spice blend, water, pandan leaves, lime leaf, lemongrass and bring to a boil.
- Add the seared mullet into the boiling stock, turn heat to medium, and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and coconut into the mixture and bring to a boil again. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper. Ready to serve.