Pappardelle with wild boar sauce by al borgo
A delicicious pasta dish where the gamey flavors of wild boar is beautifully balanced by the bright, tangy notes of the tomatoes.
Serves 4 Prep time 20 minutes
Cook time 75 minutes
100ml extra virgin olive oil
2 cloves garlic, peeled
100g red onions, sliced
3 bay leaves
500g wild boar meat, minced
2 tbsp tomato paste (concentrate)
500ml red wine
1.5 kg tomatoes, peeled
salt and black pepper, to taste
Italian basil, parsley and Parmesan cheese, for ganishing
for the pappardelle
- To cook as per package instructions
wild boar sauce
- Pre-heat extra virgin olive oil in the skillet over medium to high heat until hot.
- Add and sauté the sliced red onions and garlic in the skillet until they turn blonde and fragrant.
- Add bay leaves and wild boar meat and sauté for 10 minutes under a strong fire.
- Add tomato paste (concentrate) and stir for 5 minutes.
- Add 500 ml red wine and bring it to boil.
- When the red wine reduces 50% in volume, add peeled tomato, black pepper and salt and cook for an additional 45 minutes under slow fire.
- Cook the pappardelle in the wild boar sauce for a further 2 minutes.
- Garnish with Italian basil, parsley and Parmesan cheese.
- Serve the dish while it is hot.