Pappardelle with capsicum and bottarga
Pair this dish with Pinot Grigio as the acidic wine combines well with the spices and the sweetness of the bottarga.
Prep time 10 minutes
Cook time 8 minutes
20g capsicum, diced
20g onions, finely chopped
1 small chilli, finely chopped
1 garlic clove, finely chopped
20g tiny capers
4 basil leaves, finely chopped
3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 glass of Pinot Grigio
1 tbsp grated bottarga, or 50g of bottarga thinly sliced
- Sauté the capsicum with onions, chilli, garlic, capers and basil in olive oil.
- Add the wine and cook for 3 minutes
- Cook the pappardelle in a pot of salted water for 2 to 3 minutes, or till al dente.
- Drain the pasta and sauté it with the sauce for less than a minute.
- Serve with grated or thinly sliced bottarga.