· 22 April 2021
TYPE OF MEAL
Honmaguro Chutoro Tartar
This Honmaguro Chutoro Tartar provides a beautiful pop of colour intensifed by deep umami flavour profiles from three layers of ingredients. It is incredibly healthy and easy to prepare in the comfort of home.
All you need to do is to place your orders for premium seafood with Soshinsen, and make sure you have a stainless steel metal ring and a sharp knife in the kitchen.
Half ripened avocado
2-3 tbsp Japanese citrus juice (sudachi or yuzu)
- Mash avocado well and mix with citrus juice.
- Carefully spoon in ingredients into the metal ring to form a base layer.
80g Honmaguro Chutoro
a pinch of salt
a pinch of black pepper
1-2g Sudachi zest (or substitute with lime)
1-2 tsp Sudachi juice (about 1/3 of a lime, or to taste)
5 to 6 drops good quality olive oil
1. Once thawed, dice Honmaguro tuna into small cubes. Add in all condiments and mix well.
2. Carefully spoon in ingredients onto the top of the base layer.
- Layer chives and uni generously on top of second layer.
- Garnish with flowers and remove ring.