Gambas al ajillo by My Little Spanish Place
Soak up the seafood flavours with thick slices of rustic bread.
Serves 4 Prep time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
150ml extra virgin olive oil
6 cloves garlic, sliced
15 large raw prawns, peeled and deveined (set aside heads)
1 fresh red chilli pepper, sliced or cayenne pepper to taste
½ tsp sweet paprika
pinch salt and pepper
4 thick slices rustic bread, toasted
4 lemon slices (optional)
- Heat oil in frying pan. Add garlic and prawn heads then infuse for 2 minutes. Remove prawn heads.
- Combine prawns with red chilli pepper and sweet paprika, and season with salt and pepper. Add to pan and cook quickly, until the prawns turn bright red, about 2-3 minutes.
- Transfer prawns to four small and heated serving dishes, then pour the hot oil from the pan over them.
- Top with parsley and serve with rustic toasted bread.
- Garnish with lemon slices.
Note: If using cayenne pepper, sprinkle very little over the prawns before serving either hot or cold.