Chocolate spiced fried baby carrots
Impress your guests with this crispy vegetable dish, an exotic treat with its dark chocolate dip.
Prep time 10 minutes
Cook time 25 minutes
3 egg whites
170g assorted baby carrots, purple and orange
70g fine Kenya beans
1 pot cooking oil
1 cup polenta
2 tbsp cinnamon sugar
pinch salt and pepper
dark chocolate shavings dip
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp salt
1 tbsp freshly cracked fine pepper
2 tbsp dark chocolate shavings
1 tbsp white chocolate shavings
• Combine the ingredients for polenta mix, mix well and set aside.
• Combine all the ingredients for dark chocolate shavings dip together and mix well in a bowl.
• Whisk the egg whites to a light foamy texture.
• Lightly coat the vegetable strips with the egg white and coat thoroughly with polenta mix.
• Heat up the pot of oil, fry the polenta coated vegetables till crispy.
• Serve the crispy vegetables with the dark chocolate shavings dip.
Excerpt from the March 2012 issue of epicure.