Steamed sayori and eggplant
Steamed Sayori and Eggplant
Prep time 15 minutes
Cook time 5 minutes
50g x 2 sayori fillets
1 litre basil oil
• Sprinkle salt onto sayori fillets.
• Cut the eggplant into small square pieces. Deep fry the eggplant in basil oil for 1 minute.
100ml dashi stock
10ml soya sauce
1 tsp potato starch
spring onions, diced
• Mix all the ingredients for the sauce. Set aside.
• Place the sayori on top of the eggplant and steam for 30 to 40 seconds. Decorate fish with spring onions, yuzu and radish.
• Heat up the sauce, add it into the dish and serve.