Sauternes curd with tea marinated prunes
Sauternes Curd with Tea Marinated Prunes
Prep time 25 minutes + overnight marinating time
Cook time 15 minutes
tea marinated prunes
1 litre water
3 English Breakfast teabags
1 orange zest
1 lemon zest
1 cinnamon stick
- Place the sugar, water, teabags, zests, cinnamon and Armagnac into a medium pot. Brew the teabags for approximately 2 minutes.
- Remove the teabags and reduce the liquid until it reaches one third its original volume.
- Add the prunes to the marinade and leave to chill overnight.
6 egg yolks
120g butter, cubed
- Place a pot of hot water over the stove and keep it on a gentle simmer.
- Combine eggs, egg yolks, sugar and Sauternes in a large mixing bowl wide enough to sit comfortably over the pot of hot water.
- Place the bowl over the hot water and whisk the egg mixture until fluffy and heats up to 60-70°C.
- Remove from heat and whisk in the butter until fully melted. Strain the mixture into another bowl and chill until the mixture sets to form a curd.
- Serve with tea marinated prunes.