· 24 April 2013
TYPE OF MEAL
Roasted black angus beef with truffle mash and shallot glaze
Serves 4 Prep time 25 minutes
Cook time 30 minutes
800g Black Angus rib eye (1 piece)
Fresh cracked black pepper
5 Russet potatoes, peeled
150ml milk or cream
1 tbsp truffle oil
80g shallots, peeled
50ml red wine
1 bay leaf
200ml veal jus
- Season beef with pepper only and sear well on all sides in a little olive oil and little butter.
- Season with sea salt and roast in oven at 200˚C for approximately, 15-18 minutes for medium rare to medium.
- Let the beef rest for 3-4 minutes before carving it.
- Boil them till very soft.
- Strain and mash while still very hot.
- Boil milk or cream and add to potatoes.
- Add all other ingredients and whisk with a whisk until smooth and creamy.
- Sauté shallots in butter till slightly caramelised.
- Deglaze with port, red wine and bay leaf.
- Reduce by half. Then add veal jus.
- Reduce slowly till the consistency is right and shallots are soft.