Oven-baked russet potatoes with gruyere cheese
OVEN-BAKED RUSSET POTATOES WITH GRUYERE CHEESE
Prep time 20 minutes
Cook time 15 minutes
2 Russet potatoes (250g each)
1.5 litres salted water
2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
2 tbsp butter
150ml thickened cream (Bulla)
130g Swiss Gruyere cheese
1 tsp basil leaves
salt and pepper to taste
- Wash potatoes lightly under water and boil them in salted water for 15 minutes. If you insert a knife into the potato and the flesh doesn’t stick to the blade, the tuber can be removed.
- Dry potatoes, remove their skin, and slice them lengthwise into half. Then cut about 1.5cm-thick slices along the width of each potato.
- Rub the bottom of an oven-proof dish with sliced garlic and butter. Arrange sliced potatoes into four rows.
- Pour thickened cream over the potatoes and spread it evenly, ensuring that some of it gets in between the slices. Grate Gruyere cheese over the potatoes.
- Bake in oven on 220°C for 15 minutes, or until the cheese and cream crust has browned slightly.
- Sprinkle basil leaves on top, add salt and pepper, and serve.