Cheesecake praline with oreo cookies, pistachios and coconut
CHEESECAKE PRALINE WITH OREO COOKIES, PISTACHIOS AND COCONUT
Prep time 45 minutes + 24 hours freezing time
1 sheet gelatin
250ml cold water
226g cream cheese, softened
60ml lemon juice
240ml whipping cream, whipped
oreo cookies, crushed
- Soften the gelatin in water and stir over low heat until dissolved.
- With electric mixer on medium, combine the cream cheese and sugar until well blended. Gradually add dissolved gelatin, milk and lemon juice. Mix until well blended.
- Chill until slightly thickened and fold in the whipped cream.
- Pour the cheesecake mixture in a tray and chill until firm for about 2 hours.
- Scoop the cheesecake mixture with an ice cream scoop or spoon and shape into little round balls of about 10g each.
- Coat each ball with your choice of freeze-dried raspberry, ground pistachio, green tea or coconut flakes.
Tip: Setting the cheesecake mixture a day ahead will allow better handling; try to do the molding of the cheesecake early in the morning or in a cool room.