Buffalo ricotta cheese souffle with caramelised figs and parmesan cream cheese
Buffalo Ricotta Cheese Souffle with Caramelised Figs and Parmesan Cream Cheese
Tortino di Ricotta di BuFala, Fichi Caramellati e Crema al Parmigiano
Buffalo Ricotta Cheese Soufflé with Caramelised Figs & Parmesan Cheese Cream
Recommended wine: Isole e Olena, Chardonnay 2008, Tuscany
Prep time 10 minutes
Cook time 15 minutes
buffalo ricotta cheese souffle
30g butter, melted or butter spray
4 egg whites
300g buffalo ricotta cheese
60g Parmesan cheese
4 egg yolks
20g plain flour
- Grease four ramekins with melted butter or a light coating of butter spray. Preheat oven to 150°C.
- Using an electric mixer or whisk, beat egg whites in a large bowl till fluffy and soft peaks form.
- In a separate bowl, combine ricotta cheese, Parmesan and egg yolks and mix to a creamy consistency. Gradually add in flour until well combined.
- Add a quarter of the beaten egg whites to the cheese mixture and using a large spoon, fold in gently until well combined. Repeat with the remaining egg whites.
- Divide soufflé mixture into the prepared ramekins and place them on a preheated baking tray. Bake till slightly puffed and risen, about 5 minutes.
4 figs, halved
2 stalks fresh rosemary
- Add sugar to a saucepan over low heat. When the sugar starts to bubble and caramelise, add the figs and rosemary. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes or until figs turn golden brown. Remove from pan and set aside.
200ml whole milk
10g grated Parmesan cheese
2 egg yolks
- Bring milk to a boil in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add the Parmesan cheese and remove mixture from heat when cheese has completely melted.
- Allow the mixture to cool down before beating in the egg yolks. Serve warm over buffalo ricotta cheese soufflé, with caramelised figs on the side.