Abalone dumpling in broth
Chef Chan of Peach Blossoms restaurant wanted to give the humble dumpling a different flavour profile, so he added abalone for a springier bite. The key to this dish lies in the chicken broth.
Serves 2-3 Prep time 1 hour
Cook time 10 minutes
chicken broth sauce
1 whole chicken
400g pig’s trotter bone
1.6 liters of water
½ tsp dark soya sauce
20g fresh prawn, minced
40g pork, minced
20 head abalone, diced
pinch of chicken bouillon powder
pinch of salt
8 wonton wrappers
spring onion, julienned
red chilli, julienned
- Rinse the chicken and pig’s trotters in hot water before immersing in water to boil into a broth.
- Once boiled, add dark soya sauce.
- Mix the prawns, minced pork and diced abalone.
- Season with chicken bouillon powder and salt.
- Put one tablespoon of the mixture on a wonton wrapper and fold into half. Seal with egg wash.
- Poach until cooked in boiling hot water and serve in hot chicken broth sauce. Sprinkle spring onion and red chilli on top.