Grilled red pepper wrapped with Mahón cheese
Serves 2 Prep time 5 minutes
Cook time 15 minutes
4 red peppers
1 tbsp olive oil
Pinch rock salt and pepper
120g Mahon cheese, available from Greengrocer, cut into 1.5cm by 7cm long strips
garlic-olive oil marinade
3 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp small baby garlic, peeled and halved
pinch rock salt
pinch red peppercorn
pinch sweet Spanish paprika powder
10g sweet parsley leaf
- Lightly oil and season the red peppers with salt and pepper.
- Heat up the stove, then place red peppers over the stove, charring the red peppers until they turn black.
- Place the charred red pepper into a metal whisking bowl. Cover the bowl with cling film and let the charred red pepper sit in the bowl for 5 minutes.
- When the red peppers have cooled down, take them out of the bowl and lightly peel off its charred black skin.
- Cut the skinless red peppers into bite-size pieces.
- Heat up a non-stick pan with olive oil to low heat and lightly fry the garlic until soft and fragrant. Set it aside to cool down.
- Cover the strips of Mahon cheese with the bite-sized red peppers and place them onto a baking tray.
- Glaze the red pepper covered Mahon cheese with the garlic infused olive oil, and season them with rock salt, red peppercorn and paprika powder .
- Bake the tray in a preheat oven of 185°C for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Serve the baked cheese with a sprinkle of sweet parsley leaf.