Drunken chicken wings laced with moscato
Wine: 2011 Anakena Single Vineyard Late Harvest (Muscat & Viognier), Rapel Valley, Chile
Prep time 5 minutes
Cook time 15 minutes + 24 hours chilling time
2 cups Moscato wine
10g fresh ginger
3 sprigs spring onions, minced
30g rock sugar
pinch white pepper
2 tsp fish sauce
2 tsp soya sauce
16 fresh chicken wings, remove the middle bone
10 Szechuan pepper, toasted
½ cup chicken stock
- Combine all the marinade ingredients and puree until fine in a blender.
- Rub the marinade onto the chicken wings. Add Szechuan peppers, chicken stock and red dates and store in fridge overnight.
- Pour the chicken and marinade into a pot and bring to a boil. Simmer until the liquid is reduced by half. Make sure the chicken is cooked (about 2-3 minutes).
- Transfer the cooked chicken wings and sauce into a metal whisking bowl. Put this bowl over a bigger bowl filled with salted ice cubes.
- Allow chicken wings to cool down before chilling in the fridge overnight.